Monday, June 30, 2014

Best Natural Antibacterial Soap for Summers and Rainy Season


This is a review of Soulflower Tea Tree Pure Glycerin Soap, one of the best antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral soaps that keeps skin amazingly soft, hydrated and infection-free. It is one soap that I would re-purchase without any second thoughts.

At the end of the review, I have also suggested some other best soaps for summers and the rainy season, for keeping skin infections away while keeping your skin beautifully moisturized, healthy and supple.


Soulflower tea tree glycerin soap is small and shaped like a cupcake wrapped inside a cling film packing.


Price: INR 150. You can buy it HERE.
Update: Price has been increased to Rs 200. Discounts may be available on different online stores.
Net Weight: 100 gms
Shelf Life: 36 months from mfg date

Brand Claims and Description:

Soulflower claims that this soap is 100% vegan and does not use any animal produce like milk or honey. The glycerin they use is produced naturally during the soap making process and they re-use it in their soaps.


"Tea tree oil is regarded as one of the strongest natural antiseptics known to man. Because of its ability to inhibit and kill growth of bacteria, fungi and viruses, it makes a great medicinal soap for cuts and scrapes as well as multi-purpose antibacterial and facial soap for everyday use. All you smell is the invigorating , minty smell of tea tree oil.
Glycerin has humectant properties, attracting moisture to your skin making it softer and smoother, one of the reasons that our soaps are so beautiful on the skin."

Soulflower Tea Tree Pure Glycerin Soap Ingredients:

Tea Tree essential oil, Vitamin E, aqua, permitted edible color and aroma, vegetable glycerin base.

My Experience and Why I SO LOVE this Soap:


Come summers, and even the slightest friction used to give me hair follicle infections. A little too much sweating and my back gets itchy. I have really sensitive skin to put it in simple words, and it used to remain dry even in summers. This soap has taken care of all my skin care concerns this year. It totally lives up to all its claims and I just LOVE it.

The soap bar is small but you need just one rub on the skin to produce good creamy lather. If you rub more, you may feel soapy even after washing it off. And if you use a loofah after applying the soap, it produces the richest, thickest and creamiest lather you may have never seen before, absolutely mmuahhhh.

PROS:
  1. Vitamin E moisturizes and nourishes skin making it smooth and soft.
  2. Tea-tree oil is antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-viral. This makes it the perfect soap to prevent and cure skin infections, acne, bacne (acne on the back, especially in sportspersons, men and active people).
  3. Glycerin has humectant properties. Meaning, during and after the bath, it will pull moisture from the air and will bind it to your skin, making your skin moisturized.
  4. Safe to be used on damaged skin, cuts and wounds as it will help in healing them while cleaning them.
  5. Does not burn on the skin. The soap tastes sweet if it happens to reach your lips.
  6. Can be safely used to wash hair, though the company does not mention such use.
  7. Cleans skin exceptionally well without a hint of dryness. I prefer using it after excessive sweating and am absolutely safe from skin infections this summers.
  8. Great for under arm care as it kills the bacteria and prevents body odour.
  9. Can be used on the face by normal and oily skinned people. May feel a wee bit drying on dry skin.
  10. It gives the creamiest lather I have ever seen.
  11. Stored properly, it does not melt crazily.
  12. No chemicals, artificial fillers or preservatives. 100% vegan soap.
CONS:

Tea tree oil has a strong medicinal smell and people who like perfumed soaps may not like it. But the scent is totally natural and is just a matter of getting used to. You don't mind the scent after 2-3 uses.

Pears was one famous glycerin soap I had tried during childhood and I used to hate it. It used to make my skin dry and chapped. But using Soulflower pure glycerin soaps was a heavenly experience. I am using their orange and strawberry glycerin soaps for my kid.

I personally suggest the following soaps for summer and monsoon skin care. These won't dry your skin at all.

1. SOS Organics Lavender Apricot Scrub Soap (review coming soon)

Please discuss your summer and rainy season skin care worries, woes, ideas and favorite products in the comments below.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Gagan,

    Amazing post!
    Well I never really thought of using a particular brand of soap for bathing purposes ( My mother used to get Dove and hence I have been using it ever since as I never really bothered to go and choose a particular soap for myself, probably I thought hair care and face care is all that I should focus on).
    Now after getting in touch with you and Ofcourse reading this amazing detailed post I think I should start taking this seriously. My skin is super sensitive, I get these little scars with the smallest of rash sometimes and also I suffer from bacne. I am very positive that this soap would suit my skin and help me with these problems.
    I was waiting to buy few more Soulflower products and now will order them together ;)
    Thank you for a great post!
    Swati Bhatt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Swati, thanks for this lovely comment and it is really nice to see you becoming more particular about your body and skin care routine. When I was younger, it used to be the same at my house too and we would use the soaps my father used to bring and stock up. When we grow up, we all learn to find our way to things that we really like and feel good to use :)

      With that sensitive skin and the bacne thing, this soap should really help you as it helped my sensitive skin too. I just finished this soap 2 days ago and now waiting to reorder this plus the lavender glycerin one. Also, I remember you have recently bought Tea tree essential oil. So after bath, just take a few drops of apricot/avocado/olive oil on your palm and add 3-4 drops of tea tree, mix and apply on your back. Or you can do that at bedtime and leave your bacne behind for good. This is the first summers I have enjoyed without infections, thanks to this soap.

      Delete
  2. awesome post gagan... soulflower products as always are amazing.. yes tea tree has various medicinal properties and i regularly use the EO mixed with hair oil and face packs.. recently started adding 2-3 drops during bath... i think i should try the soap as well.. it sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for sharing so many ways of using the Tea tree essential oil. You definitely are making the best use of it. I am yet to try the essential oils in bathing water but that's definitely a great way to make it reach the whole body and get immense freshness + protection at the same time. And knowing your skin type, I think you will love this soap Supriya. Do try it, it's immensely moisturizing and works up really RICH with a loofah. And the sensory stimulation you get when that rich lather washes down the body.... ahhh it's out of the world!

      Delete
  3. I really liked the antibacterial soap that you have mentioned above. I am not sure that whether this is good for all kind of the skin but I liked the ingredients mentioned above and really would like to use it in this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this soap is available in the US Natalie but thanks for checking it out. And I had to remove your marketing link from the comment. Next time you try to get smart, I will report your comment to Blogger Spam.

      Delete
  4. Hi Gagan, your description & review really awesome yaar.I have oily skin but in winters it bcums normal . Can we use this soap in winters too? I have this scars due to ingrown hairs on my legs & red spots on my shoulders as result of waxing. I was planning to use tea tree oil to get rid of them.Your post on this came in handy dear. Real saviour I should say.Also planning to use the tea tree oil along with Hazelnut, lavender oils.Would it be effective in reducing ingrown scars & preventing ingrowths?
    I was gng thru the reviews of soulflower tea tree oil on flipkart. Many of them were expressing apprehensions abt the genuineness of product yaar.I just wanted to know from you whether I should buy this product or should go for Khadi tea tree oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Keerthi, yes, this soap can be used in winters as it binds moisture to the skin. But Soulflower has increased the price of this soap again to Rs 200 now. You may find it on discount on certain online stores during this festive season.

    Lavender oil is more for dry hair and skin but can work well in winters as oil production becomes low in winter.. like you said your oily skin becomes normal.. and people's dry skin becomes extra dry. Yes, can use the combination of Hazelnut, lavender and tea tree for the problems you have mentioned. Lavender will soothe skin and help lighten the scars but it would be more helpful if you use this combination daily at night time or after bath. It may feel oily for some time but gets completely absorbed in max 20-30 min.

    You can also go for Apricot kernel oil in winters as that makes skin baby soft or add some apricot or avocado oil to your body lotion to make it extra nourishing.

    The reviews on Flipkart are bullshit. I have already read them a long time ago. They don't know what they are talking about and the oil evaporation test they have mentioned there is again not the correct way to judge an oil's purity. There's enough info available on the internet about those tests. I don't trust Khadi products but you can try them out. I have checked most essential oil brands in the market and they all dilute their essential oils with Jojoba. Check out Moksha in case you don't want to go for Soulflower and you may even get it a little cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have dry skin and it doesn't suits me whenever I try some new soaps...So I'm reculant to use any new brand....so Gagan do you think that I can use it without getting into any rashes etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, even I have dry skin and very few soaps suit me. I can hardly use any shower gels as most of them make my skin dry and dull. I recently tried Patanjali glycerin soaps and they are horrible.

      The ones that work best for me and don't cause any dryness are Soulflower Anti-septic Rosemary & Tea Tree Glycerine Soap, Soulflower Mediterranean Pure Olive & Lavender Glycerine Soap, Lass Naturals Lavender Soap, rather most of the Lass Naturals soaps are good and don't hurt the skin, plus they are economical too. Iraya Glycerin soaps are good too, though they are costlier. You can check out lasscosmetics.com for the cheapest ones, then Soulflower for the mid range and Iraya for a higher range.

      What I do is I add these to my wishlist on Flipkart and whenever there is a good discount, I buy. Otherwise Soulflower keeps raising prices and rest of their soaps are very drying.

      This one that I have reviewed above, yes you can use it without any worries about dryness or rashes.

      Also, did you know that pumpkin juice is the BEST natural cleanser which soothes your skin too. You can take out the juice by crushing a slice of pumpkin or simply take the pulp in the middle of pumpkin and squeeze it. Then you can use this juice directly or you can add it to a besan+ haldi + curd (optional)paste and add some sugar for scrub effect. If you are adding sugar, then leave it aside for a few minutes so that the sharp ends of sugar cubes become soft. If you have any essential oils, you can add 3-4 drops or less of those too. Lavender essential oil is extremely good for dry skin and Apricot oil is great for nourishing dry skin. You can try the wild Apricot oil from sosorganics.com, also available on some other websites.

      Hope this help.

      Delete

Comments will be visible once I approve them manually.

Anonymous comments will not be answered. So either use a profile or the Name/URL option to comment (can leave the URL box blank).

In Google Chrome, you can tick mark the 'Notify Me' box in the bottom right to get notified when I reply to your comment.