Saturday, November 29, 2014

Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion Review

Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion with Aloe Vera and Almond Oil

Himalaya Herbals face lotion comes in two variants: Nourishing and Intensive. I am reviewing the nourishing face moisturizing lotion which I think would suit all skin types. For very dry and mature facial skin, you can go for the Intensive face moisturizing lotion.

Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Moisturizing lotion is a white-colored, lightweight, non-sticky ayurvedic formulation, which smells of lilies. It does contain extracts of White lily, but I am not sure if the fragrance is 100% natural. It smells really beautiful though.

This face lotion comes in a sturdy flip open bottle in 100 ml and 200 ml bottles at a very affordable price.

Quantity and Price:
-Rs 80 for 100 ml
-Rs 140 for 200 ml 

OFFER: All Himalaya Herbal products are currently available at a 30% pre-GOSF discount at Safetykart.com till tomorrow, Nov 30th midnight. So you can get this lotion for Rs 56/ Rs 98 only.

Shelf Life: 36 months from mfg date
Availability: You can buy this lotion from himalayastore.com, amazon.in, safetykart.com, nykaa.com etc. Himalaya products are also easily available in most chemist shops and leading pharmacies.

Product Claims and Package Description:

Himalaya's Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion helps you recover lost natural moisture and nutrients due to skin's frequent exposure to environmental extremes, pollution and chemicals. It combines natural ingredients that restore your skin's vitality throughout the day.

It is enriched with Aloe Vera, a natural moisturizer, rich in polysaccharides and enzymes and White Lily that lightens your skin. Oils of Almond and Carrot Seed combine to protect your skin from the damage caused by exposure to pollution and sunlight. The lotion is a perfect base for make-up.

  • Dermatologically Tested
  • Hypoallergenic (means less chances of it causing any reaction on your skin)
  • Non-comedogenic (means does not block skin pores)
  • Clinically proven for mildness
  • 100% Herbal actives

Avoid contact with eyes. Natural herbal formulations tend to change color over time. However, the product efficacy remains unchanged.

Directions for use: Apply Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion all over the face and neck with gentle, upward strokes.

Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion Ingredients:

  • Carrot Seed oil is a natural antioxidant that boosts skin vitality. It contains vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, which is essential for tissue growth on the skin's surface. It is also beneficial in reversing the effects of sun damage as well as provides sun protection because of its very highnatural SPF value.
  • White Lily has anti-pigmentation, whitening and bleaching properties that inhibit melanin formation. It also regenerates new skin cells. It soothes and restores skin's moisture balance
  • Aloe Vera soothes and moisturizes dry skin.
  • Almond oil is an excellent skin softener, which hydrates the skin.
My Experience with Himalaya Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion:

I had bought this lotion from safetykart.com in summers (see my haul here). When I tried it on my face, it felt very rich and made me sweat. Further it increased my pore size. It was a clear sign that this lotion is meant for winters only.

Now when I have taken it out in winters, I am loving it. It is definitely non-sticky and light weight. The lotion is a bit thick and has medium consistency. Takes 30-40 seconds to absorb, which gives me enough time to massage it into my face, neck, shoulders etc.

The fragrance felt a bit strong initially as happens with all newly opened products, however, the correct way to use any lotion is to shake the bottle before every use. This not only tones down the rich aroma, but also mixes the ingredients properly, helping you get the maximum benefit.
  1. It makes my skin very soft and radiant.
  2. My facial skin feels comfortable and nourished. No sign of dryness.
  3. Not just my face, but my hands become smooth too.
  4. The consistency is perfect, neither watery nor heavy.
  5. It never broke out my sensitive skin. Never had any reaction or rashes too.
  6. It is non-sticky, so I can get back to work immediately after using it. It does not prevent you from using touchscreens etc.
  7. Even if you wash your hands after applying this lotion, the skin remains very soft and smells amazing.
  8. I sometimes use it as a body lotion too and it does an equally good job.
  9. It provides exactly 4 hours of moisturization, which is good, because I was thinking my dry skin might need the intensive lotion. But so far, this is doing a great job.
  10. The packing is super sturdy and leak proof. The cap is tight and won't open easily while travelling.
  11. Very economical. After a very long time, I have come across a great product with such a decent price tag.
  12. I just love this face lotion and might try their intensive one in the colder months.

THE MINUSES:

1. When you start using this lotion, it burns a little on dry and damaged skin. But once it repairs the skin within 2 uses, there is no such feeling.

2. Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Face Lotion contains four preservatives. As per my knowledge, the milder and more natural a formulation, the higher the amount of preservatives you need to use.

Now considering the fact that I need to re-apply this lotion every 3.5 to 4 hours, I am afraid I may be feeding too many preservatives to my skin. Still it is better and way effective than most high end facial creams, lotions and serums out there in the market.

I usually rotate products and do not use the same product continuously again and again. So in the future I would alternate this with some other facial product but will definitely repurchase this one or the intensive face lotion.

3 comments:

  1. I have usually kept away from face moisturizer for the reason that all i have tried have felt very heavy on my face and made me sweat in all seasons.. may be the weather in Mumbai is like that! so have always sticked to aloe vera gels.. might not try this one as well for my face but yes would buy it for my hands as i love that it does keep the hands soft even after washing.. nicely reviewed Gagan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading dear and you are right, I think it is the Mumbai weather. Here also when I used it in Summers in high humidity, it made me sweat and increased my pores. But now it is working absolutely perfect. It does work great on the hands too and the effect and fragrance stay even after washing, so yeah, it may serve you some purpose. I sometimes use it as body lotion too.

      Delete
  2. Then which moisturizer is best for summer for dry skin...?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible once I approve them manually.

Anonymous comments will not be answered. So either use a profile or the Name/URL option to comment (can leave the URL box blank).

In Google Chrome, you can tick mark the 'Notify Me' box in the bottom right to get notified when I reply to your comment.